Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Dangling with an Extra Day

February 29th, 2012 or Leap Day! It only comes around once every four years and there is a lot of hype about this all important day.

Last week, I was given a challenge by the Scholars Program that I am involved in. They posed the question, "what are you going to do that you can only do once every four years?" I wanted to accept the challenge, but when I really started to think about it I realized it was slightly impossible. The only thing that I know I can do today is write the date on as many pieces of paper as possible. And I didn't come up with that one...it was suggested to me by one of my neighbors.

I realized that you make the decision to complete each action in life. If you want to do something more than once every four years then you can. Leap Day should be about living on the edge! It's a reminder to have a sense of spontaneity in your life.

I didn't get much of that in my life today. It was filled with a lot of studying for the exam that I had tonight. I also have another exam tomorrow morning at 8:00 a.m., so it is safe to say that I haven't been sleeping much this week. Thinking about Leap Day, my goal is start living on the edge a little bit more. I want to make decisions that bring excitement into my life and not feel like I have to wait around for four years for those actions to have a lasting impact.

Today, will be my only Leap Day while I am in college. I guess that could have led to a bucket list full of spur of the moment activities to experience while in college. What today means to me is a reflection on the first two months of 2012 and remember that my goal is for this year to be better than 2011!

2012: about taking risks and enjoying each and every moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment