1. Pass each part of the CPA exam before starting work for EY in August.
2. Run at least four 5K races and one race that is at least a 10K or longer
3. Be aware of what I am eating on a daily basis and try to limit unhealthy snacking
4. Be present in the time I spend with the most important people in my life especially during the first half of the year when I will be consumed with goal #1
5. Do not pass up an adventure or an opportunity to try something new - the year of "YES"
6. Read at least one article a week that will expand my knowledge of either business or education
7. Stay more current with the news - sign up for notifications from a news service and pay attention when watching TV
8. Starting in August, learn how to make one new food dish per week
9. Take on one new project that benefits the community
10. Always continue to strengthen my relationship with God and be thankful for his blessings in my life
I guess 10 goals is quite a lot for this year and maybe they aren't as concrete as I thought they would be but these are the areas of my life where I see room for improvement. Even if I can't complete all these goals at least these ideas will be on the forefront of my mind and I will be working towards their improvement.
It's funny that the world is tied to recommitting ourselves at the beginning of each year because if our life needs improvement than we should recognize it and make a change in the moment. I guess the New Year is just that moment in time for us to reflect on all the things that fell off our radar over the course of the last 12 months and try our best to make a positive life change. I have a feeling 2014 is going to be a wild ride and I can't wait to jump on the horse!