Thursday, January 5, 2012

Update College Bucket List

It has been awhile since I have updated the blog. This past semester kind of kicked my butt, but I am through with it now and it is my goal to post more often in the new year. I thought it would be a good time to reflect on the items that I have crossed off the list.  

Eat at these restaurants
  • 5 & 10
  • Amici : My first actual attempt at getting something crossed off the bucket list came with this restaurant. My aunt and cousins came to Athens for the night to take myself and two friends out to dinner. This place was great because there was a train for my little cousins to watch and their menu has a good variety. I liked it's flexibility so much that I went back for my birthday dinner with friends. It's that typical Athens place- full of personality but cheap enough for the college student.
  • Black Forest Bakery
  • Casa Mia
  • Clocked : My sister came up for a weekend in Athens while our parents made a trip to Tuscaloose to see Alabama play Arkansas. I always make sure to get a good meal when my parents come to town, so when MK got picked up we headed to Clocked. I got a grilled cheese sandwich because I don't like hamburgers. To be honest, this restaurant was average. I didn't see anything that made it stand out except for the decor. Great experience but not necessarily needed again.
  • DePalma's : I got to spend my birthday weekend with all of my favorite people. I, once again, made sure to get a good meal when my parents came to town. This restaurant just happened to be the only one with a table available on the weekend of the Auburn game. I loved the drink I got to celebrate my 21st but the food was alright. I have had better food in Athens but I might try again just because the night I went was so busy. It will definitely be a dinner I remember.
  • East West Bistro
  • Ike & Jane
  • La Dolce Vita
  • Mama's Boy
  • Speakeasy
  • The Grit
  1. Go to the Georgia Theatre : I finally made it to this downtown landmark. UGA Miracle held a benefit concert with Little Big Town and I was front and center. My roommate and I had a great time singing along and I realized how much fun it is to be that close to the band. I will definitely head back to the Theatre as soon as I get the opportunity.
  2. Get a DG family picture by the downtown frog
  3. Get 21st B'day shirt from Athens Bottling Co : I started off celebrating by going to buy a shirt at Five Points Bottle Shop. I bought the required alcoholic beverage to get my shirt that states "No Fake IDs, No Crybabies". My friend had a picture of me with my shirt outside of Five Points but I think it got lost when she updated her phone. I guess I will have to go get a new one. My shirt was definitely worth the trip.
  4. Find the Creamery
  5. Go to the farmer's market
  6. Find the Iron Horse
  7. Frolic in the fountain on North Campus
  8. Ring the Chapel Bell : I completed this task after my grandlittles were initiated but I want my picture to be from when I ring the bell after a football win because that is the traditon of UGA.
  9. Go to Georgia Florida : I finally made it to St. Simons and Jacksonville to see my beloved Dawgs beat the Gators. St. Simons was a great experience on the beach and then the game was about as close at it could of been with it going down to the wire.
  10. Go to Jimmy Buffett
  11. See the UGA Acappella groups in concert
  12. Get a picture with our mascots
  13. Stand on the football field
  14. Get a picture by the "tree that owns itself"
  15. Be in Athens for Athfest
  16. Go to a baseball game
  17. Go to a basketball game
  18. Go to a gymnastics meet
  19. Go to a few away football games
  20. Ride a bike through Athens
  21. Go to the Botanical Gardens
  22. Go downtown on each night of the week
  23. Spend time in the Chapel
  24. Experience Twilight Weekend
  25. Go to Sips and Strokes to paint
  26. Get a hot dog from the hot dog guy near North Campus
  27. Walk throught the Arch- meaning that my time at UGA is done and hopefully I have had the time of my life!!
I think this is a pretty good start and I can't wait to keep updating this post. I am hoping that if I start to blog more this year then I will be able to fully capture all of my college experiences.
 
Georgia Theatre

Georgia Florida
 

No comments:

Post a Comment